Date Plug-in for Windows Live Writer
I was writing a blog post the other day and I wanted to insert the date. Low and behold there was nothing for me to do that with. So, I decided I would create one. So, this will be the place holder for the page that shows off my Date Plug-in for Windows Live Writer. Might be simple but, will mean I can insert dates without problem.
A preview of the new Date Plug-in for Windows Live Writer. Unlike my other plug-in, the Audio Plug-in will only work with WordPress blogs and others that might support the tags used for Audio. I will expand it at sometime in the future. This one, just a simple plug-in to insert the date and/or time into the text you are writing.
Items I will be looking at for the future;
- Region formatting
- Time only formats (there are a couple there, but others including GMT or UTC times)
- Custom formats
This will be available soon for Windows Live Writer 2012 (Build 16.4.3503.728) and also Windows Live Writer 14.0.8117.416 (Windows XP).
System Requirements (Windows Live Writer)
- Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32-bit edition only), or Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit editions), or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit editions), or Windows Server 2008
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher for Windows 7 or Windows Vista; 800 MHz or higher for Windows XP
- Memory: 512 MB of RAM for Windows 7 or Windows Vista; 128 MB (256 MB or more recommended) for Windows XP
- Resolution: Minimum 1024 x 768
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher*
*Not required when installing on Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
These requirements are that of Windows Live Writer and not of the plug-in other than Microsoft .NET Framework Version.
System Requirements (Lmeia Date Plug-in)
- Windows Live Writer 14.0 or higher
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher*
*Not required when installing on Windows 7